WE DID A THING!

Adam and I have been looking for a piece of land to build a cabin on for years.  For at least 10 years we've been talking about buying property in the woods and building our own little cabin on it.  Sometime in the March/April we found the perfect little spot and we SNAPPED IT UP!! 

It's about 40 minutes North of here, so not too far away and we have really enjoyed being out there.  

I have so much to say about it, but for now, here are some pictures of our paradise refuge! 

I'll post more pictures of our cabin progress later.  The excavator came yesterday and dug our foundation pier holes and a driveway up the slope of the hill.  It's so exciting to me to think that we are getting to the point (FINALLY) where we can start BUILDING!! Start seeing something other than land, batter boards and string.  

You cannot believe how hard it is to get a SQUARE laid out on a slope and keep the angles and measurements right.  It's kind of unbelievable.  I'm so excited though, like I said. I'll post more as we go out and work.  







Comments

  1. How exciting! Congratulations! It's a beautiful property and I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! This is so cool! Can we come camp there with you when your cabin is done? It looks so peaceful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment